No matter how tired a person is, there are times when he is unable to sleep at all. Waking up all of a sudden and then not being able to go back to sleep are all signs of Insomnia. Insomnia affects your energy, your ability to work, the mood, etc. Chronic insomnia leads to many other complications of the health as well. One of the most frustrating things that a person goes through is staying wide awake during the night while the world is fast asleep. Insomnia tires your health and makes you feel fatigued, very drowsy and drains out all the energy, and you are hardly able to do anything during the day. It seriously affects the concentration levels, damages all your creativity in school or at work. Health problems like stroke, obesity, diabetes, and increase in the blood pressure, Alzheimer’s disease, heart diseases and even cancers can happen if a person does not get enough sleep. Insomnia can pressurize a person to rely on the sleeping pills, which may worsen the situation.
Effects of Sleeping Pills
Sleeping pills are basically sedative hypnotics. These are basically a particular class of drug that can induce sleep in a person or allow him to maintain the sleeping habits. These are anti-anxiety drugs, which inhibit drowsiness, thereby allowing people to fall asleep. Sleeping pills, like a lot of other medicines, have serious effects on the health of a person. Given below are lists of the effects that will make you consider switching to a sprayable melatonin instead of consuming sleeping pills anymore.
- Taking sleeping pills for over a long period of time makes the body used to the drug. Hence, you would need a higher dose in order to get the effect that induces sleep. This, on the other hand, would lead to a depressed breathing, which ultimately causes death.
- According to reports, people who take sleeping pills, have enough amount of the drug in their body which hampers the morning activities, like driving. Getting drowsy while sleeping can lead to fatal accidents.
- Many people do certain strange things while sleeping, which are normal, but people who are on sleeping pills, tend to have problems like sleep walking or even amnesia. It is important to check with a doctor immediately, once such effects show up.
- Once a person starts taking the pills, it becomes impossible for him to stop at all. There are many people whose sleeping problems become even worse once they decide to discontinue sleeping pills. This condition is known as rebound insomnia.
- People who consume sleeping pills on a regular basis are more prone to having cancer or even die. According to reports, a behavioral therapy could give a much better sleep to a person who consumes pills on a daily basis.
Sleeping sprays, on the other hand, are not orally consumed and do not cause any internal problems to the body. One just has to spray it before going to sleep, and he is guaranteed to have a peaceful night’s sleep and wake up energized in the morning.